Expressing frequency in Italian (With examples)

 Hey guys, I hope you are doing awesome!


Today, some words in Italian to express frequency:

  • Usually: Di solito
  • Often: Spesso
  • Sometimes: Qualche volta
  • Rarely: Raramente (More straightforward this one hahah)
  • Almost never: Quasi mai
  • Never: Mai

Now, let's check it with some examples:


Obs: Words inside parentheses mean they are optional. You may use them or not, as you wish :)


I usually write poems

(Io) di solito scrivo poesie


I often sleep late

(Io) spesso dormo fino a tardi


She arrives late sometimes

Qualche volta (lei) arriva in ritardo


I usually don't sleep early = I rarely sleep early

(Io) raramente dormo presto


This one won't sound that English because it is more likely you are going to say "Rarely" but try to understand it anyway :) 

I almost never do the dishes

(Io) non lavo quasi mai i piatti


I never go to the grocery store

(Io) non vado mai al supermercato


Ok, that's it!


I hope you enjoyed it!


See you!


Kyle.

(Caio).

No comments:

Post a Comment